Segue vaga para a área de secretariado na Embaixada da Austrália
Salary: BRL$4,115 per month.
Contract: This is a full-time permanent position depending on the successful completion of a 90 day probation period and character and police checks.
Position overview: This position is situated in the Political Section of the Australian Embassy. The primary role of the position is to provide executive and personal assistance to the Australian Ambassador and Australian diplomatic staff. The position may infrequently act as a relief Driver. This position will provide the successful applicant an opportunity to work in a dynamic and flexible team dealing with a wide range of responsibilities.
The Personal Assistant reports directly to the Deputy Head of Mission and Counsellor Political and Economic. See below for a full list of duties and theselection criteria for this position.
Application: In order to ensure that your application is eligible for consideration, please provide a completed application form. Applicants must address the selection criteria as outlined in the application form. Applicants are advised to include key examples demonstrating their ability in each selection criterion.
Contact Officer: Information about the positions can be obtained from the contact officer. Requests for information must be sent via email to Ms Nadia Miranda at email@example.com. Please include your full name, your contact telephone numbers and any times you are not available to be contacted in your email. Ms Miranda will contact you within one business day of receipt of your email.
Application Closing Date: Applications for this position close at 5pm on Sunday 8 September 2013. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed, mailed or delivered to the address below.
Australian Embassy Brasília
SES 801 – Conjunto K – Lote 07
Brasília – DF - 70200-010
Security character and police check will be conducted during the selection process.
1. Provide administrative and personal support to the Ambassador, as the priority, and assist other Australian diplomatic staff as time and workload permit. Make appointments and arrange calls for the Ambassador and other A-based staff and control and maintain Ambassador’s schedule.
2. Organise events and functions. Provide assistance with protocol arrangements.
3. Develop and maintain a range of contacts in Government and the private sector in support of work undertaken by the Embassy. Maintain up-to-date contact lists and compile relevant biographies.
4. Manage the Embassy’s general email account. Provide information on Australian Government policies, activities and services.
5. Assist with the arrangements for visiting Australians including preparation of programs, arranging appointments, obtaining necessary approvals and clearances, providing briefing material and organising functions. Accompany visitors to appointments.
6. Assist, as required, with the administration of the Cultural Relations, Diplomatic Aid Program (DAP), Human Rights Small Grant (HRSGs) scheme and Public Affairs programs as required.
7. Prepare media clippings, as required.
8. Supervision of and contact point for the Ambassador’s domestic staff.
9. Act as relief Research Assistant, if required.
10. Act as relief Embassy driver, if required.
11. Other duties as directed.
1. Strong ability to analyse and assess information and make sound decisions and use problem solving skills to suggest improvements. Well-developed research skills and ability to set out ideas clearly and logically in written form.
2. Highly-developed written and oral communication skills in English and Portuguese. Ability to prepare translations of documents and to informally interpret as required.
3. Strong organisational skills including the ability to coordinate programs/agendas for Australian diplomats and official visitors and organise official social functions.
4. Demonstrated strong ability to work independently, to plan and manage workload and deal effectively with high volumes of work, concurrent with longer term projects.
5. Ability to form positive working relationships with colleagues, visitors and clients of the Embassy. Willingness to participate as a committed and flexible member of a small and busy professional team.
Please note: Applicants must have a valid driver’s vehicle licence.